WEARING THE N-95 MASK
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THIS NEW N95 MASK DESIGN?
- Maximum Protection: Forms an air-tight seal while allowing filtration during inhalation and exhalation.
- Comfortable to Wear: Soft material fits the contour of the face. Its self-sealing design eliminates the need for a nose bridge and ear straps that often cause significant discomfort, skin irritation, or pressure sores.
- Breathable: Made with electrostatic particle filtration properties that improves ease and temperature of airflow.
- Stays in Place: No need to touch to readjust it while in use. Minimal obstruction of vision and fogging of eyewear.
- Convenient Storage: lays flat like a sheet of cloth, making it easy to locally store more masks.
WHO IS USING THIS MASK AND WHAT HAS BEEN THEIR FEEDBACK?
We’ve asked frontline healthcare professionals who have worn the N95 mask for extended use to convey why they prefer the N95 mask design. Here’s what they’ve shared with us:
- “It was so much more comfortable than what I normally wear. It doesn’t hurt my ears, you don’t have to pull it tight, it just seals. It almost feels like it’s too good to be true. ” (KC, Physician Assistant, Emergency Medicine & Orthopedic Surgery, Los Angeles)
- “It’s cooler, more breathable, and allows for deeper breaths. The mask is so lightweight you forget that you have one on.” (LM, ICU Nurse, Health System, Indiana)
- “The mask was easy to remove with minimal discomfort even after [only] one hour of wearing it. When I took off the mask I felt comfortable without any residual effects.” (JC, Radiology, Health System, Chicago Suburbs)
- “I didn’t have to mess with it at all other than peeling it back to drink water. I didn’t feel the need to readjust it or touch it because it wasn’t constantly moving around. That reduces the risk of contaminants that may transmit to the hands” (KC, Physician Assistant, Emergency Medicine & Orthopedic Surgery, Los Angeles)
HAS THIS MASK DESIGN PASSED N95 MASK FIT-TESTING?
Yes. When properly worn, the unique mask design meets N95 qualitative and quantitative fit-test requirements. If you’d like to view a brief video about how to properly apply the N95 mask for your fit-test, click here. For best results during your fit-test, follow the below guidelines:
- Before use: read, understand and follow the Quickstart Guide instructions.
- Practice applying the mask at least 3 times before conducting a fit test.
- Check for an air-tight seal by performing a seal check by breathing in and out deeply. You should not feel any air leaking along the edges of the mask. If necessary, seal any leaks by applying pressure to those areas until the leak stops. Go back over the entire adhesive border of the mask to again firmly press the seal with your fingers.
- Please follow your organization’s fit-test requirements for the use of an N95 mask.
I SEE HOLES IN THE MASK MATERIAL. WILL THIS FILTER-OUT SMALL PARTICLES SIMILAR TO OTHER N95 MASKS?
Yes. The design is NIOSH certified and meets ASTM filtration standards. The special air-purifying filter material is designed to maintain protection while significantly improving ease of breathing and temperature of airflow.
WHY IS THERE NO EXHALATION VALVE ON THE MASK?
The design has high breathability and does not need an exhalation valve that you may find on other masks. All air passes through the filter material, protecting both you and others around you.
HOW DO I PUT ON THE MASK AND REMOVE IT?
The mask is repositionable, which makes it easy to position it on your face and remove it when needed. Before use, please review the below Quickstart Guide. We suggest using a mirror for easy placement, keeping the printed portion of the mask on the bottom, facing out.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE PRINTED LABEL STRIP ON THE MASK?
The printed label strip identifies the side of the mask material that is to face out once it is placed on your face. In addition, some wearers have found that pinching the label strip with their fingertips makes it easier to remove the release liner from the self-adhesive perimeter to be sealed to the skin. This label strip can remain on the mask.
IS THE MASK REPOSITIONABLE?
Yes, the mask can be repositioned, temporarily removed and reapplied without substantial loss of adhesion. The number of times the mask can be reapplied depends on skin type, work setting, and activity level.
HOW DO I KNOW IF THE MASK IS SEALED PROPERLY?
Follow the Quickstart Guide instructions, including conducting a User Seal Check by breathing in and out deeply. When sealed properly, you should not feel any air leaking along the edges of the mask. Dispose of the mask and replace it with a new mask if an effective seal no longer exists.
I HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN. WILL THIS STRAPLESS N95 FACE MASK CAUSE IRRITATION?
We use hypoallergenic medical grade adhesive around the perimeter of the mask. Our adhesives are tested for biocompatibility according to the ISO10993 standard. Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) will be provided upon request, as well as summaries of components’ biocompatibility testing results (ISO 10993), where available. Customers should perform their own assessments on final products in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
This product should not be used on individuals who are sensitive to or who have had an allergic reaction to the mask or its components. Should irritation (reddening, inflammation), maceration (whitening of the skin), or sensitivity (allergic reaction) occur, consult a healthcare professional.
DOES THE MASK CONTAIN LATEX?
No. This N95 mask contains no components made from natural rubber latex.
WILL THE MASK SEAL AND STAY ON IF I AM WEARING MOISTURIZER OR MAKE-UP ON MY FACE?
Excessive use of moisturizer or make-up may affect the performance of the air-tight seal. If a secure seal does not exist, try using an alcohol wipe to make sure your face is clean. Let your skin air dry and then try applying the mask again.
WILL IT SEAL AND STAY ON IF I HAVE FACIAL HAIR?
Beards and other facial hair may prevent an effective seal between the face and the adhesive seal of the N95 mask. If a secure seal cannot be achieved when following the Quickstart Guide instructions, you may need to remove any facial hair before use.
IF I HAVE DIFFICULTY OBTAINING AN AIR-TIGHT SEAL, WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT?
Each time you apply the N95 mask, perform a User Seal Check by breathing in and out deeply to verify that air is not leaking along the edges of the mask.
- If you CANNOT achieve a proper, leak-free fit, ensure your skin is dry and free of oil. Seal the leak by applying pressure to those areas as needed until the leak stops. Retrace the entire border of the mask with your fingers one more time, firmly pressing the adhesive seal of the mask to your skin.
- If you are unable to achieve a proper seal when following our instructions to initially apply, you may need to use a different size mask. If the mask begins to leak while in use and re-sealing is not possible, discard and replace the N95 mask.
HOW DO I REMOVE IT TEMPORARILY? WHERE DO I PLACE IT WHEN I NEED TO REMOVE IT?
When temporary removal is needed, store the N95 mask in a clean, dry area by either placing it on a flat surface with the adhesive side up, or by re-adhering the mask to the original release liner (the release liner is the material on the back-side perimeter of the mask used to protect the adhesive before use).
CAN THE MASK BE REUSED?
The N95 mask can be repositioned, temporarily removed and reapplied without substantial loss of adhesion. The number of times the mask can be reapplied depends on skin type, work setting, and activity level. However, it is a single-use N95 particulate respirator and not intended for reuse beyond a single day.
IS THE PRODUCT AVAILABLE OUTSIDE THE USA?
The product is only approved for distribution in the USA.
||Approximate Product Dimensions (Stores Flat)
||Repositionable Adhesive Strengths (2)
||7 in. x 5 in.
Soft Hold (Silicone Gel)
Firm Hold (Gentle Acrylic)
||8 in. x 6 in.
||9 in. x 7 in.
- Colors: Orders in other colors are possible but are subject to material availability and NIOSH approval.
- Initial Orders: We recommend including all three sizes to accommodate varying face sizes, with 60% of units in Large; 35% of units in Small, and 5% of units in Extra Large. (Note: “Large” typically corresponds to “Medium”).
Packaging includes Strapless N95 masks and associated application instructions.
|Standard Packaging Configuration
Note: Order quantities may be adjusted for shipment security.
SAFETY AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Medical grade skin-friendly adhesives
- NIOSH Approval Holder, Global Safety First LLC: TC#84A-8133
- Historical ASTM reports available upon request
- Is available under EUA per FDA Guidance Enforcement Policy for Face Masks and Respirators During the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Public Health Emergency (May 2020).
- Avery Dennison Medical is pursuing FDA 510k clearance for the Strapless N95 mask
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN, USA
Production is at Avery Dennison Medical’s Mentor, Ohio facility. The facility is:
All Avery Dennison statements, technical information and recommendations are based on tests believed to be reliable but do not constitute a guarantee or warranty. All Avery Dennison products are sold with the understanding that purchaser has independently determined the suitability of such products for its purposes. All Avery Dennison’s products are sold subject to the applicable terms and conditions of sale found here: https://medical.averydennison.com/en/home/terms-and-conditions.html.
Organizations with a need for N95 masks can contact us by visiting medical.averydennison.com or reach out directly.
- U.S. 1.440.534.2600 Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm ET
- International: +32 14 40 48 11