Solutions for a Range of Applications Will Be Featured at China’s Premier International Meeting of Medical Device Suppliers
CHICAGO – August 9, 2011 – Avery Dennison Medical Solutions, a division of Avery Dennison Corporation(NYSE: AVY) and a global leader in adhesive technologies for medical applications, will showcase its portfolio of products that answer the needs of medical device OEMs and end-users worldwide at booth 210, MEDTEC China 2011. Applications that will be featured at the show are surgical, wound care, ostomy and electromedical. Products on display will include:
- Surgical Drape tapes that fill a wide range of skin adhesion needs are available as bordering tapes, fenestration tapes and OP strips. The tapes can be produced with proprietary adhesives, such as WetStick™, which adheres securely to wet skin and drape material during surgery.
- Surgical Incise Films that provide breathability required for virtually any procedure. Efficient application systems, such as handling bars and adhesive-free areas, make the films easy to apply even in difficult areas. The films offer superior adhesion under moist conditions throughout the procedure.
- Thin Absorbent Skin Adhesives can offer benefits for professional and consumer wound care applications, such as superior transparency, faster healing, high fluid handling capacity and gentle removal.
- Ostomy products are designed for application to the skin for sustained periods where moisture vapor transmission (MVTR) is essential. Non-sensitizing, non-porous adhesives are ideal for ostomy applications and can be incorporated into products for connection systems, skin contact flanges and ostomy bags.
- Electromedical foams, films and nonwoven materials designed for mounting devices onto the skin that conform to most body surfaces with exceptional adhesion, as well as conductive gel-resistant adhesives and products that are printable and easy to convert.
“This is a significant opportunity for us to present our comprehensive range of technologies and solutions to Asian markets,” said Howard Kelly, vice president and general manager of Avery Dennison Medical Solutions. “We leverage our expertise in skin-friendly adhesives, material technologies and manufacturing platforms to address unmet needs in the medical device market and enhance the user experience.”
MEDTEC China is a leading international meeting of medical device suppliers, taking place September 7-8, 2011, at INTEX SHANGHAI in Shanghai, China. Visit Avery Dennison Medical Solutions at www.medical.averydennison.com.